Please take a moment to review our revised Resource Directory – many new features are available! Resources have been added and some are no longer available. Select category of interest from the drop-down below or you can search by name of resource provider or topic. (Some resources provide services that are found in multiple categories.) For additional information, select “more info”. (lower left) To view a map of the location – select “show maps”.(lower right)
To speak with someone, leave a message at one of the following answering service phone numbers:
This organization is in partnership with Johnston County Mental Health Ctr.
Alliance Behavioral Healthcare manages the public mental health, intellectual/developmental disability and substance abuse services for the citizens of Durham, Wake, Cumberland and Johnston counties.
Advocate for mental health issues – all ages.
8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Closed on weekends and holidays.
If you are in Crisis – 24-Hour Access and Information Line: Call (800) 510-9132
*** JCMHC no longer provides “detox” or AA
American Red Cross – Triangle ChapterAmerican Red Cross – Triangle ChapterFire/Disaster/War emergency assistance
- Find an open shelter – search by city, address, st, zip – updated every 30 min by National Shelter System http://www.redcross.org/find-help/shelter
- Register or search safe and well being list
- Disaster recovery guides
- Find family after war or international disaster
- Emergency communication services
- Financial assistance
- Information & referral services
- Deployment support and services
Life Saving Blood
Emergency preparedness – plans to protect home, schools works
Health & safety training
Mental health, behavioral disorders, substance abuse
- Targeted Case Management (MH/SA)
- Assertive Community Treatment (ACTT)
- Community Support Team
- Transitional Services
- Partial Hospitalization
- Outpatient Individual Therapy (Adult and Child)
**A list of mental health/substance abuse providers and services can be found on the Alliance Behavioral Health website – Search
Capital Area Workforce CentersCapital Area Workforce Centers
Capital Area Workforce Center HRS: M-Th 8am-6pm F 8am-5pm
at Johnston Comm. College
300 S. Third Street, Suite A
Smithfield, NC 27577
Capital Area Workforce Center at Smithfield DWS
224 Peedin Road
Smithfield, NC 27577 HRS: Monday-Friday, 8:30 am-5:00pm
Carolina OutreachCarolina Outreach Contact: Christina Cortell
Services for Children: (Patients aged 3 – 21)
School-Based Mental Health
Transitional Living Services: (Patients 16 – 24)
- Continuum of Community support
- Independent living skills classes
- Vocational and educational opportunities
- Need-based financial and housing support
Adult Services: (Patients 18 and over)
- Community Support Team
- Assertive Community Treatment
- Outpatient Therapy-Psychiatric Services
- Medication Management
- Spanish-Speaking Services
Substance Abuse Services:
- DWI – Driving While Intoxicated
- Intensive Outpatient Program
- Substance Abuse Counseling
- Accepts Medicaid and IPRS insurance.
- Provide basic and enhanced mental health services for individuals 3 and up.
- Provide substance abuse services available as well.
- Utilize evidence-based practices such as Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Cognitive Processing Therapy (CPT),Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT), Motivational Interviewing (MI), and Seeking Safety.
To make a referral to Carolina Outreach,
please complete our referral form located on website,
or contact us at (919) 251-9001, or email us at
Community and Senior Services of Johnston CountyCommunity and Senior Services of Johnston County
Office Hours: Monday – Friday 8:00am – 5:00pm
- Provides services and opportunities that empower older adults to remain active and connected, enabling them to lead quality lives of independence.
- In home care
- Transportation Assistance
- Caregiver Support
- Medical Support Items
- Resource Links